Saturday, June 13, 2015

Farm Girl Vintage Inspiration

Fridays are the Farm Girl Vintage Sew Along post day. This past Friday Lori posted information about the Crops Block and combining it with the Sunny Sunflower Block to look like leaves and stems of a sunflower.  Here is the link to her post
Since sunflowers are my favorite and I needed a new summer door banner I got started immediately on combining the blocks and making a new door banner. What do you think? I love how it turned out and will get it quilted up tomorrow and bind it for Slow Sunday Stitching
I also got caught up on last week's block and finished this week's. Here is my Country Crossroads Block from last week.
 And my Crops Block
 and the Egg Basket Block that were this week's task.
 I also whipped up two Whatcha Got? Bags from This & That Patterns. Here is the link for it
http://www.thisandthatpatterns.com/patterns_bags.php
I found this great fish fabric for $5 a yard at the fabric store the other day and thought it would make nice gift bags for Father's Day. I made the larger sized bag that finishes 10 x 14 inches. It is just as easy to cut two at a time, so I made two. My daughter claimed one to use for some goodies for my hubby and I will get some stuff to fill it up for my dad especially because I am not sure if his main gift will arrive on time for Father's Day.
 I also found a hook and a fish clasp at Joann's that I could use as zipper pulls.
I did not put the handle that the pattern recommends on them to hopefully make them more manly...Is it just me or is it hard to make gifts for men? I am going to make myself several of these bags to use as project bags--I am thinking of using some of my Bonnie and Camille fabrics I have been hoarding.
I treated myself to this Cottage Garden kit for my birthday. Here is the link http://timelesstraditionsquilts.com/normasblog.html
I want it to be my new handwork project, but I am planning to piece the base first and then appliqué the wool felt on because each block finishes at 5 inches which is pretty small and I would rather work with a bigger base. I will be digging through my scrap bins to make the scrappy 25 patches.

I am in total summer mode and stitching my days away!



15 comments:

  1. Your sunflower banner is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Tanya! Love your sunflower banner and your farm girl vintage blocks are looking great! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wunderschön !
    Liebe Grüße
    Käthe

    ReplyDelete
  4. ALways inspired to see what you are up to. Would you by chance be able to tell me what lettering template you used for the letters...I love that font!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous summertime banner... great job!
    Enjoy your stitching today!
    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun sunflower banner. It isn't just you, it is hard to make things for men. The fish fabric seems just perfect though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love it. It is always amazing to me how much you accomplish! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your new door banner is so pretty! Love those sunflowers and the appliqué Summer. The Cottage Garden is also beautiful. How do you do it? Your are so productive!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your Sunflower banner--wonderful! I've had my eye on the Cottage Garden quilt too--saw it in a vendors booth at the quilt show and it's so adorable--you will have lots of fun stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your sunflowers banner! I just think about making fun things like that. It's nice to know someone actually does it. It turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The summer banner is great - it looks fantastic! And I love your fish bags, what a great idea for Father's day. Thanks for linking up to Main Crush Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow!! You have been busy! Love the sunflowers! The bags are really good and you are right it is hard to find men presents! The new quilt pattern is really nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. You go, girl! How fun to be in summer stitching mode and stitchin' the days away! Thanks for linking up to Building Blocks Tuesday on my blog today. Could you link back to the link-up in this post?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Pretty pretty, love the sunflowers!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!