Monday, June 15, 2015

Summer Sunflower Banner

I finished my Summer Sunflower Door Banner last night. This is a combination of some Lori Holt Farm Girl Vintage blocks.
 Here it is on the front door. My family prefers narrow door banners, so we can still see out the windows and see who is there. My front door is metal, so I have a magnetic curtain rod on the door. It works great!
 Bella spent an hour with me in my sewing room today. Lola had to go to the vet to get more blood drawn to see how she is doing. Bella has NEVER been without another dog even for an hour, so she had a tough time settling down. But, she likes the comfy chair in my sewing room!
Lola is doing better and the vet was impressed with her energy level and how red her gums and tongue were today. The steroids are helping her feel better and be more like herself.
They both seemed more relaxed after being reunited.
I broke down and ordered the Down in the Garden pattern set. It is a Leanne Beasley design, the same designer as my Journey of a Quilter. The patterns are coming all the way from Australia and are kind of expensive, but not as bad as I thought with the exchange rate. Another blogger has contacted me about buying my Journey of a Quilter pattern set and I am seriously considering selling it, but I am not sure how much to charge...New it is about $120 for all 10 patterns, I bought them as a BOM and they came with fabric, so they ran me $20 a pattern plus shipping. They are not for sale on eBay or anywhere else I can find a price. Any ideas? I would like to be fair. Thanks!

22 comments:

  1. Hello Tanya! Your banner turned out beautifully! Dogs are such good company and they do miss each other if they are separated... I have two... brother and sister! Glad Lola is doing well. :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet banner! Perfect size for your door!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sunny sunflowers look fabulous on the door, waiting to welcome summer in. Glad to see Lola is doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your sunflower banner! What a good idea! Looks like the Down in the Garden quilt will be fun to do. I have been wanting to do some redwork embroidery. Have you ever done any? I wonder where the best place to get a kit would be.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice banner. and the dogs, it's so difficult to watch them age and health issues and bouts of suffering. We just love them so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a gorgeous banner! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your sunflowers, they turned out great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant picture of Bella on the quilt - pets on quilts linky party is coming up! Hard to resist that pattern, its gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on the sunflower banner!

    Why don't you price it at $60 plus shipping for the patterns?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great door banner, so perfect for summer. What great dogs, give both those girls an ear rub!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Summer banner looks wonderful on the front door. Great idea to have a magnetic rod.
    I sold a set of 10 patterns for half the cost price and the buyer paid the extra for postage. So for you, $60 plus postage.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your sunflowers. Love to try them too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your sunflower banner is adorable. The magnetic shower rod is a great idea.

    So happy to hear the Lola is feeling a bit better. The dogs look happy together.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your sunflower banner on your front door looks wonderful.

    With respect to your Journey of a Quilter patterns, I think that $60 + shipping is more than fair. I just started working on mine and am anxiously waiting for my Down in the Garden to come back from the longarmer.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty greeting, and the magnetic rod I will have to look for...

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your sunflower banner is totally gorgeous I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your Summer Door Banner! Perfect for the season!
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  18. love that summer banner, and great idea using the magnetic curtain rod.

    ReplyDelete
  19. In case I forgot to tell you, I love your sunflower banner. So cheerful and pretty and perfect for summer! Romeo, Elvis and LarryPug send kisses to Lola and Bella!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love your banner, Tanya. I hope Lola perks right up - she and Bella are beautiful ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love your banner! I really need to make some of those sunflowers. Too many great things in that book :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!