Sunday, August 23, 2015

Charity Brick Tops

 Whoop whoop! Look at this beauty that came in the mail--the jewel tones are stunning. This gorgeous brick top came all the way from Tampa, Florida from Bobbi (no blog) for my mom's charity quilt drive. I hit Joann's for some black Kona with my 60% off coupon yesterday and also found a perfect fabric for borders and backing at $3 a yard. Score, especially since it was $13.99 a yard originally. I will drop it off for quilting hopefully tomorrow.
 I will also drop this top that I finished today off. This is just a quick scrap quit.  All the rectangles are cut 3.5 x 6.5 inches. Sew two together to form a block and then lay the blocks out in opposite directions. This is set 10 blocks by 10 blocks. Before borders is measured 60 inches square. I cut my borders 3.5 inches wide. I am proud to say there are no repeated fabrics in this quilt! I also found a busy $3 a yard backing for this one too.
I am still waiting for my fabric I ordered for the Dog Gone Cute QAL to arrive. Instead 
this week, I plan on working on making one of these--a Scrappy Summer Quilts for the charity quilt drive. I am not going to make it quite as long as the free tutorial, but I am using this color scheme.
Here is a link to the tutorial
If you are interested in contributing a top or a quilt for my mom's charity please send me an email at mcsdces19(at)gmail(dot)com or leave me a comment. Have a great week!

14 comments:

  1. Bobbi donated a very pretty quilt top to your Mom's charity. You have quite a collection going now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful eye candy today. Thanks for sharing so many wonderful quilts. I love the colors in the last one but really like how well your scraps came together in the 3.5 x 6.5" bricks quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the top quilt...well both quilts really!! Like your scrap quilt...can't get over the price you pay for fabric, we are lucky if we get quilting fabric for $10 a metre here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are all great quilts! That is going to be a wonderfully, colorful batch of quilts that will be delivered at the end of the drive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful quilts! Lots of pretty scraps in each.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful quilts! No repeated fabrics in the one. That's impressive!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lots of scrappy goodness here! I really like quilt #3, pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really nice quilts! Love, love, love the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are some gorgeous scrappy quilts and I love the bright colours. Making a Scrappy Summer Quilt would also be perfect for adding to the charity quilts. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm in love with this whole idea and pattern, bricks really work and are so effective! What stunners!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quilts here Tanya! My guild is making wheelchair quilts like the 2 I made for a local seniors' residence, so we are on the lookout for easy but striking patterns. Will check out Allison's free tutorial- thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. gorgeous colors, Tanya! Thanks for sharing at TGIFF and NTT!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!