Friday, November 10, 2017

FQS Mini Charm Chocolates Quilt


 Welcome! It is the big reveal--my first project I made for the Fat Quarter Shop--the Mini Charm Chocolates Quilt! This is a free pattern offered in three quilt sizes and a table runner. You can find the  pattern here:
I made the 30 1/2" x 38 1/2", but then I added an extra border to make it a bigger baby quilt. I cut my floral borders 6 1/2", so my finished size is 42 1/2" x 50 1/2".
I quilted it every 2 inches both vertically and horizontally with the built in wavy stitch on my Pfaff. This is the perfect quick baby quilt with the help of the three mini charm packs and wide borders, there is very minimal cutting and it sews together quickly!
Since I used the floral fabric as an extra border instead of my backing, I opted for a bright red minky for the backing. I used minky for the first time about a year ago--it is challenging because of the stretching, but it is so soft it is worth it. The key is pinning every 1 to 2 inches, quilting gloves, and a walking foot.

Thank you Fat Quarter Shop for allowing me to play with these beautiful fabrics and fun pattern!

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The wait was worth it! I must try this wavy line grid quilting! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on getting your quilt published! I will download it immediately!!!
    Pugs and kisses
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so cute! I love the bright squares on the gray background. Great finish, Tanya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! A great pattern for scraps, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks wonderful and was worth the wait. Great way to use those little charms. Lovely finished size, too.
    Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice approach with the minis. I have a pack, and keep wondering what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!