Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother's Day 2018

 I got the best Mother's Day present--my daughter made it home for a visit from college before she starts her summer research position! We have had a great day--breakfast burritos at our favorite taco shop, a Target run, a stop by my mom's, and we are going to the drive in tonight to see "I Feel Pretty" in her convertible Mustang. We also spent some time in my sewing room watching trash TV while I made these punctuation blocks for my Spelling Bee Quilt.
I made these picture blocks yesterday and used the magenta color in honor of my new Pfaff Quilt Expression 4.2.
 I also made this throw pillow for a retiring friend out of some of his mother's old shirts.
I used the stretchy shirts for the envelope backing. I also whipped up three more pencil pouches for a few new fifth graders. We are starting our last full week of school tomorrow and I am definitely ready for summer and of course the royal wedding on Saturday!

Happy Mother's Day and have a great week!

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad your girl made it home!! How fun for you. Will be awesome to hear of her summer adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely Mothers Day for both you and your daughter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great way to spend a special day.
    Lovely to see all your stitching too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how close you are to your daughter and how you miss her / your wonderful thoughtful packages to her at college / makes me smile to read this and your fun times with her for Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to receive comments and will do my best to reply to them. Thank you for taking the time to comment!!!